Skip to main content

Live Like It's Sunday

On good Friday we remember that Jesus gave up His life for us.  Not just that.  He was God.  Infinite. Limitless with all power and knowledge at His fingertips, but He left all of that and choose to clothe Himself in a human body perhaps for all of eternity.  For us.  To reach us.  To bring us into that circle of unbroken fellowship that the Trinity shares among itself.  Love cannot exist in isolation.  A requirement for love is fellowship.  One to give and one to receive and to repeat that over and over or else love is meaningless.  God is perfect and complete.  He exists in three perfect parts.  God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  God never lacked love.  And yet you mean so much to Him that He designed a master plan to extend that love to you.

Saturday is the in between day.  Jesus had died.  The resurrection had not yet occurred.  On earth things seemed hopeless and Jesus followers forgotten.  The lie that was perpetuated was that the Christ's crucifixion was final, His words had fallen to the ground, and the hope He represented for humanity was snuffed out.  Lies.  From the father of lies and the enemy of our souls.  But it was all the natural eyes could see.  Humanity did not know that in the spirit world Jesus was descending into hades itself to set the captives free and to take captivity itself captive!  

How many days do we live in the in between?  We have heard the words of Jesus and sensed the whisper in our hearts that perhaps we were created for something special.  Maybe we have even dared to believe that there is greatness in us… that our existence is more than just chance.  Do you hear the longing of your heart to believe that you are more than just this flesh that fades with age and will eventually be whisked away in the wind?  But perhaps your eyes cannot see the proof.  It seems in the daily grind as if this monotony is all there is.  As if this is really all you are.  That you are forgotten.

Lies.  Do not believe the lies.  We have a benefit Jesus’ followers did not have on that longest of all Sabbaths when they grieved in such darkness that they didn’t even know they were waiting for Sunday.  They could not possibly grasp the resurrection power that would hit the spiritual atmosphere of this world like a nuclear bomb in just a few short hours.   Such power emanating from Jesus as he slammed back into His body and broke death in two that the Bible says many holy people in the graveyard around Him were raised to life.  Many people were resurrected and walked around the streets of Jerusalem and people saw them!  Why?  Because death could no longer stand in His presence!  

Jesus resurrection life changes everything!  And it proclaims that you are worth fighting for!  That God would enshroud himself with humanity, endure the just penalty for our sins, and then defeat death itself in the greatest legal transaction of all time.  Love displayed perfectly without corrupting justice.  God embracing us without tarnishing his perfection with our sin.  He became our representative and took on every bad choice and evil that man has ever loved.  He bore in His body the weight of our transgressions.  Our crossing over the lines.  Why?  Because the perfect justice of God demands that sin result in separation from Him and that separation is called death.  Inner death of the heart.  Outer death of the body.  And eternal separation from all that is good.  But God, who had perfect unbroken fellowship of love without us, chose to run after us.  To pursue us.  To become us and then endure that penalty that justice demands. So. That. We. Don’t. Have. To.    And death could not hold Him!   Because He Was God.  Jesus was perfect so there was no legal ground for the enemy to keep Him.   

You are not forgotten.  The Word says He has engraved you in the palm of His hands.  Those resurrected hands still bear the scars of His love.  The mark of His passion for you.  For all eternity.  Jesus chose to wear it forever like a blazing emblem of his love for us.  Don’t run from Him!  Run to Him!  We know what Sunday held.  We don’t have to live with the unseeing eyes of Saturday.  We get to see the end of the story.  We get to experience the resurrection power that unravels the lies of the enemy and breaks the chains of insignificance.  We can be free from our poor choices and the weights that have held us down.  It is no longer who we are.  Choose freedom today if you have not before.  Believe that the King of the Universe decided you were worth dying for.  You. Are. Worth. It. And. He. Is. Worthy. Of. Your. Heart.  Don’t stay locked in the tower.  Let the Prince of Peace rescue you today.  And if you have been rescued already, throw off the hopeless, unseeing eyes of Saturday.  Live like you know the end of the story!  Live like it is Resurrection Sunday!




“I pray the eyes of your heart would be enlightened and you will know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His people,” Ephesians 1:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deafening Silence

In a single second my life has been radically altered.  My precious gift from God, sweet Makiah Kaitlyn, has gone to be with Jesus long before her time.  I know in my heart that she is happy, but my arms are so empty... my house so dreadfully quiet.  I feel at times that a horrible blackness has enveloped me.  I feel as though my insides are screaming.  I am clawing and fighting to break out of this torturous body- to escape from this oppressive reality, but I cannot escape.  The dark anguish leaps on me again and again.  It sits on my chest and presses against my very life breath.  My heart feels utterly crushed and broken- pummeled into a thousand pieces.  Life as I knew it has been shattered and the shards that are left are painful and sharp.  Cutting me as I try to walk through them.  This is the valley of the shadow of death.  How dark is that shadow! Her room is perfectly untouched.  All of the dolls in her dollhouse family are piled into their little bed together where she lef

Toes

Outside the sky is grey and dreary.  I feel it should rain torrents today.  I think the whole earth should cry out in grief.  I feel my heart pounding in my head.  My eyes will barely open, and I think no more tears can possibly come.  Maybe I will stand in the rain and borrow the tears from the sky. I look down at sparkly pink toes, and they are lonely.  Makiah, our last Sunday together you spent the morning in bed with Mommy (because I am on bed rest).  We ate fruit loops and snuggled.  We practiced drawing your letters and painted our fingers and toes.  You wanted rainbow toes, but I didn't have the colors with me.  I promised I'd paint you rainbow toes later.  Once we were all pink you said, "I got an idea!  Let's put sparklies over the pink, and you have to do it, too, Mommy, so we can be twins!"  You are such a princess!  So pink toes became sparkly toes.  We giggled and hugged and admired our matching feet. Now mine sit all alone.  Ten toes that should

Wells of Living Water

My eyes filled with tears when my mother-n-law told me of her friend's idea.  This sweet lady, whom I've never met, wanted to know if she could do something special in honor of Makiah.  She said God had put it on her heart to start a well project for her.  She would sell "living water well charms" through Operation Blessing International to raise money to build a well for underprivelaged children in a poverty stricken country.  She said when 600 charms have been purchased, a well with a permanent plaque would be built to commemorate Makiah's life.  Not only was this an amazing idea, it was linked to my daughter's heart in a way that shocked me... What this thoughtful lady could not have known was that only 2 weeks before the accident, Makiah came into the kitchen on a Sunday morning carrying her whole piggy bank.  She told me she wanted to take it all to "give to the kids who need clean water."  The preschool class at church had been raising money